Forest Technology Professor
Position Type: Full-time, Tenure-Track
The Department of Forestry is seeking a passionate and dedicated Forest Technology Professor to join our faculty. We are looking for an individual who is enthusiastic about educating the next generation of forest professionals and who shares our commitment to sustainable forest management and conservation.
- Teaching: Deliver high-quality courses in forest technology, including but not limited to forest measurements, dendrology, forest ecology, and forest inventory techniques.
- Curriculum Development: Contribute to the development and improvement of the forest technology curriculum, ensuring it aligns with industry standards and emerging trends.
- Field Instruction: Lead field-based learning experiences, guiding students in practical applications of forestry techniques, data collection, and forest inventory.
- Research and Scholarship: Engage in scholarly activities, such as research, publications, and presentations, that contribute to the field of forest technology and enhance the department’s reputation.
- Student Mentorship: Provide academic and career advising to students, fostering their growth and success in the field of forestry.
- Community Engagement: Collaborate with local forestry agencies, organizations, and industry partners to create opportunities for student internships, research projects, and professional development.
- Service: Actively participate in departmental and university committees, contributing to the academic community’s growth and improvement.
- A Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Forestry, Forest Technology, or a related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in forest technology, forest measurements, and sustainable forest management practices.
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate level is preferred.
- Professional certifications (e.g., SAF Certified Forester) are a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in forestry education.
Interested candidates should submit the following application materials to email@example.com
- A cover letter outlining your qualifications and teaching philosophy.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV).
- Contact information for at least three professional references.
- Copies of relevant academic transcripts.
- A statement of your commitment to diversity and inclusion in forestry education.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We offer an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for all faculty, staff, and students.
Values diversity and is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates who represent diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.